I’ll give you one guess as to what drink I am describing:
- 400 calories
- 50 grams of sugar
- artificial colors and flavor
You got it- the beloved “PSL” or pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks. I don’t know about you, but I can’t really enjoy a good PSL knowing all those factors above. The good news is, you can make your own super tasty version at home with none of the artificial crap, and a fraction of the calories and cost!
Check out THIS ARTICLE by food babe, for more details on Starbucks PSL.
Here’s my recipe:
- Good quality coffee (organic if possible)
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Maple syrup or stevia
- Canned full fat coconut milk
- Vanilla extract
- Blender or immersion blender
- Before you brew your hot coffee as usual (hopefully not with a Keurig), add about 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice to the grounds
- Brew as usual
- Empty canned coconut milk into the blender. blend with 1 tbs vanilla. Put 2/3 of the mixture in a glass container in the fridge for later.
- Add coffee, maple syrup or stevia to taste, and remaining 1/3 of blended coconut milk. Blend in blender or with immersion blender. I use a wide mouth ball jar and an immersion blender. Best not to blend hot liquid in plastic, if you have other options.
- Pour into mug and enjoy!