This article is a 4 part series, so stay tuned for the next 3 KEYS to boosting energy and fat loss! There will be a challenge for you to follow each week, so get a move on!
I hate to say it, but it’s true. Prepare to be somewhat disappointed with this “magical” KEY that will increase energy and burn fat.
It’s not sexy, it’s not a pill and it’s not a new product… it’s WATER! Specifically, getting enough of it!
Like I said, this is old advice that still gets overlooked by most Americans, as it’s estimated that 75% of us are dehydrated to some degree. That’s no joke! The sad thing is, you don’t even know what you’re missing until you are properly hydrated, because you are so used to coping with dehydration.
I’m certainly not saying that drinking the recommended half of your body weight in ounces is EASY, but it IS pretty darn SIMPLE.
I guarantee that if you gradually increase your water consumption (even if you don’t hit the above general recommendation), you will notice the difference in your body. Here are some benefits to look forward to this week:
1. More energy
2. More consistent energy
3. Less reliance on coffee or sugar throughout the day
4. Better quality sleep
5. Decreased joint pain
6. Improved digestive function
7. Weight loss
8. Improved mood, focus and concentration
9. Decreased headaches
10. Improved exercise performance
Don’t like the taste of water OR just can’t get in the habit of drinking? Here are some helpful tips (no excuses!)
- Add fresh or bottled lemon or lime juice. Seltzer is also fine. I like these products:
- Add some berry or green tea teabags to room temperature water, and leave on counter overnight. Add ice if needed and remove teabags in AM.
- Make it a point to drink 1 cup of water first thing in the AM, and a cup at each meal.
- Keep a water bottle with you and make a rule that you must have the bottle gone (even if you’re drinking it all at once) by ____ time of day, or before___ happens. For example, I never bring my bottle from work into the car until it’s gone. Sometime I do end up chugging a bunch before I walk out the door.
So DRINK UP and rise to this challenge this week. One change at a time and you WILL see results!