Yup, I’m posting fall recipes already. You’ll thank me soon enough.
Breakfast has always been tricky for me because I am currently egg free, gluten free, and dairy free. Yogurt with fruit and nuts? No. Eggs and veggies? No. So, it’s been a real trip to find tasty and especially portable options for breakfast. I don’t know about you, but I usually wake up pretty hungry and don’t want to be caught away from home with no options. You’ll be seeing more breakfast options like this one, soon.
As a side note, I used to love getting full fat, plain greek yogurt and mixing in a few heaping tablespoons of pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice or just cinnamon, raisins, and walnuts. If you do well with dairy, that’s a delicious option as well!
Here’s my recipe for your Pumpkin Coconut Breakfast Parfait
- Canned pumpkin puree (not to be confused with pumpkin pie filling)
- Canned coconut milk
- Vanilla protein powder (I like Sun Warrior or Pure Paleo Protein)
- 1 or 2 Tbs chia seeds (more if you like it super thick)
- 1 Tbs pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- Raisins (optional)
- Pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds or walnuts (optional)
- Empty contents of coconut milk into blender. Blend and save 2/3rds of it for another time. Keep in fridge for up to 5 days.
- In a short fat ball jar (if using immersion blender) or blender, combine the 1/3 coconut milk, 2 heaping tbs of pumpkin puree, chia seeds, 1 scoop protein powder, and spices.
- Mix in nuts, seeds, and raisins if using.
- Store in fridge overnight, and enjoy in the AM!
Makes a great grab and go snack or breakfast 🙂
You can also make 3 of these at a time and save for later.